Physical Therapist Assistant
At Hudson Wellness we take a synergetic approach to wellness medicine. Our physician-led diagnostics and treatments combine both Eastern and Western practices that are designed to help patients meet their greatest health potential.
Located in the heart of Tribeca, our wellness center boasts a 20ft video screen, living green walls, eight treatment rooms and state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostics.
We are looking for an experienced Physical Therapist Assistant to be part of our dynamic team of practitioners including DPT’s, PTA’s and doctors. This is a full time position and might require some weekend hours.
PTA Job Duties:
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services in patient records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual techniques; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, posture re-education, ambulatory functional activities, and activities of daily living.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens, and promotes wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program
- Current New York State PTA license