Medical Insurance Biller
ABOUT Hudson Medical & Wellness:
Be part of a young and dynamic team that has a revolutionary approach to medicine. In 2010, we opened a medical practice with the goal of revolutionizing healthcare. For the last 9 years, we’ve been working towards that goal by building a team of 14 medical practitioners, 15 diverse specialties, and a unique approach to healthcare that focuses on positively impacting our patients’ lives. We are transforming the patient experience by offering both medical services and rehabilitation under one roof for total comprehensive care.
We have two main offices in Tribeca and in Ridgewood, Queens, and are currently under construction of our state-of-the-art facility in the West Village where we will greatly expand our functional and regenerative medicine programs. At Hudson Medical Group, it is our mission to provide our patients with the most advanced medical treatment and expert care, and ultimately deliver an integrated and cohesive patient experience.
The Medical Insurance Biller handles submitting medical claims to insurance companies and payers and submit and follow up to claims filed through the health insurance companies.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
- Competence in EMR (eClinical Works) System, Athena Health, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situation with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with claim submission - Commercial, Medicare, Managed Medicaid, Workers Comp and No Fault.
- Detailed oriented with highly organized work skills
- Knowledge of insurance types, CPT coding, medical diagnosis (ICD10) and modifier in Pain Management, Anesthesiology, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic and Acupuncture facility.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and treatment processes
- Bilingual Speaking (Chinese or Spanish) is a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Understanding of authorization and feferral and checking eligibility
- Familiar with medical claim process, following up claim status with various insurance carriers
- Sending patient statement
- Working on insurance aging report and medical records
- Associate degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a medical insurance billing position
EXPECTATION OF STAFF:
Adheres to company policy and procedures; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with manager about department issues; demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload; consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position; meets department productivity standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Hudson Medical Group offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Hudson Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.