Physicians Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
ABOUT Hudson Medical Group:
Be part of a young and dynamic team that has a revolutionary approach to medicine. In 2010, we opened a medical practice with the goal of revolutionizing healthcare. For the last 9 years, we’ve been working towards that goal by building a team of 14 medical practitioners, 15 diverse specialties, and a unique approach to healthcare that focuses on positively impacting our patients’ lives. We are transforming the patient experience by offering both medical services and rehabilitation under one roof for total comprehensive care.
We have two main offices in Tribeca and in Ridgewood, Queens, and are currently under construction of our state-of-the-art facility in the West Village where we will greatly expand our functional and regenerative medicine programs. At Hudson Medical Group, it is our mission to provide our patients with the most advanced medical treatment and expert care, and ultimately deliver an integrated and cohesive patient experience.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will function as an independent healthcare provider who, working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care. Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion and care coordination for patients and families. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant demonstrates an advanced level of medical/nursing clinical knowledge, communication and interdisciplinary collaboration, professionalism and systems-based practice. Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will work to assure a safe, effective, and quality patient care.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage patients
- Intermediate knowledge of medical billing and insurance process
- Good examination skills and ability to communicate a clear and concise diagnosis
- Show empathy towards patients by listening to the patient and address any concerns or issues they may have with the treatment approach
- Bilingual (Chinese)
- Exceptional oral and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a provider for patients
- Collaborate with physicians to provide patients with the best care possible
- Determine patients’ diagnosis, prescribe the medication to be utilized during the course of treatment, and provide education
- Review the appropriateness of the existing medication and consultation with the providers to prescribe and/or administer medication, monitors the effects of the medication on the patients’ mental and physical health
- Document prescriptions, interventions, weight, height, and blood pressure upon every visit
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Current and valid New York State Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License
- CPR (BLS) Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years in a Clinical setting
- Experience with either a large private practice or a hospital